Photo by PNP PIO

The businesswoman at the center of the pork barrel scandal, Janet Lim Napoles, will soon be facing plunder charges. This was said by no less than President Aquino himself.

Aquino announced Tuesday that a plunder case may be filed against Napoles this week.

"Iyong the first charges with regards to this issue, I understand, will be filed not later than Monday. There is a possibility it can be filed by Friday," Aquino told the reporters during the 7th ASEAN Navy Chiefs’ meeting. 

Last week, Justice Secretary Leila De Lima said DOJ is ready to file charges against lawmakers and other involved in the multi-billion scam even without the testimony of Napoles. 

Several lawmakers have been implicated in the scam with their pork ending up in bogus non-government organizations (NGOs) allegedly set up by Napoles.

The implicated businesswoman is currently detained in Fort Sto. Domingo in Sta. Rosa Laguna for the serious illegal detention case filed by pork scam key whistleblower and former employee Benhur Luy. 

1 comment:

  1. Ang mga envolved na mga Senador at congressmen ay iisa ang Allegations, piniki daw ang mga pirma nila, pero ang pera ay nasa mga BULSA na NILA. Bakit naging ganoon, yan ba ay magic. Hoy huwag nyo na kaming lokohin at kami'y may mga pinagalaran din at nakakaintindi ng mga GIMMICK ninyo.